Who We Are
We are a group of 55+ active adults working to establish a simple form of senior cohousing in the Bay Area.
We have researched the principles of successful cohousing, have investigated possibilities, and are currently considering the town of Pacifica for its beauty and affordability.
Our Goals for Senior Cohousing include
- Creating and sustaining more independence in our lives as we age
- Developing stronger relationships
- Building community in Pacifica
- Reducing our living costs during retirement
We’ll be updating this blog from time to time and hope to see you back.
We plan to create this community together according the six core principles of cohousing:
- Participatory Process
- Designs that Facilitate Community
- Common/Shared Facilities
- Complete Resident Management
- Non-Hierarchal Structure
- Separate Income Sources
— Source: Dubrett & McCamant, Creating Cohousing: Building Sustainable Communities
Community Event on March 1, 2013
You are invited to come talk with us about this exciting project.
We are eager to share the information we have gathered thus far and to brainstorm together on prospects for creating an active and fulfilling community of elders.
Please join with us for thinking about and creating a vibrant future for all of us.
March 1, 2013
6:30 – 7pm: Snack and Conversation
7 – 8 pm: Program
Heart of San Francisco Akido
2565 Third St #309 San Francisco
You can download the March 1 2013 flyerv2 here. You are welcome to share the flier and the information with others.
If you are interested in learning more or becoming involved in this amazing enterprise, here are some things you can do:
- Use the form below to receive our newsletter with updates on the project and upcoming events.
- Join us at the upcoming upcoming event ~ See the side bar for information.
Use this form to send us an email